Part time - Brighter Futures Community Engagement Officer
Brighter Futures are looking for a Part time (20 hours) Community Engagement Officer who is dynamic, enthusiastic and professional with transferable skills and experience needed to successfully deliver on Brighter Futures fundraising strategy.
- Do you have experience in fundraising, marketing and events?
- Are you client focused?
- Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge working for a busy and growing charity?
If you are then this might be an opportunity for you.
Purpose of role:
To develop, implement and manage a fundraising strategy to maximise net income generation for Brighter Futures and to achieve significant growth in net income year on year, with a special focus on sustainable funding.
To be the single point of contact for the media.
Key tasks of role:
- Working with the Board members, the Ambassadors, CEO and full time Community Engagement Officer to identify and implement fundraising opportunities for Brighter Futures.
- To implement a fundraising plan which achieves a growing level of net income from these opportunities.
- To productively and professionally manage existing and new fundraising relationships both internal and external to the charity.
- Responsible for writing grant applications, sponsorship proposals and donor reports that are inspiring, informative and compelling. Liaise closely with the Brighter Futures Operational Manager and relevant team members to ensure that grant progress reports are completed accurately and on time.
- To lead on the co-ordination, management and delivery of fundraising events – including Major Donor events and Community Events. · This includes taking the lead on PR & promotion, follow up communications and reporting.
- To assist, support or lead as appropriate the development of a programme of fundraising activities to achieve a growing level of net income development from the activities. All activities to be approved by the Board.
- Strategically develop existing relationships and sourcing new corporate partnerships with a clear vision for how best to engage with staff and business leaders to maximise these relationships.
- To manage and maintain the fundraising database – this will include ensuring data integrity, keeping the system up to date and relevant and producing reports that inform fundraising strategy.
- To ensure that all fundraising activities comply with Jersey Charity Law, Data Protection legislation and any other relevant regulations.
- To keep the Board updated with progress and developments. This will take place via regular meetings with CEO and the full time Community Engagement Officer, reports as well as verbal and email updates.
- To work in collaboration with the Board and Stakeholders to develop strong links with the local media to maximise opportunities for promoting the work of Brighter Futures.
- To creatively deliver marketing communications and public relations that promote the charity including writing regular newsletters, creating inspiring printed material, press and media releases, promotional materials and photography.
- To play a role in budget management and internal reporting on funds raised and sending out thank you letters and acknowledgments for all funds received.
- To raise the profile of the charity and islanders' awareness through partnerships, communications/PR etc.
- To establish an excellent working relationship with the Board, colleagues, volunteers and donors helping to build a strong team culture.
- To attend and participate fully in all relevant and appropriate meetings.
Please note 5 years residency is required for this role and an enhanced DBS police check will be sought.
Download a full copy of the job description and application form.
Closing date for applications: Midnight Sunday 24th February 2019.
Interview date: Wednesday 13th March, 2019.
For enquiries and further information please contact Sam McManus by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01534 449487
To apply please complete the application form and submit with your CV to Sam McManus by email on email@example.com
Return to List >